Serving Our Audience
RTÉ Supporting The Arts
RTÉ is committed to supporting the arts and one way in which it does this is by operating a "Supporting the Arts" scheme.RTÉ allocates the support in a fair and transparent fashion. In doing so, RTÉ will support the art forms recognised under legislation
Supporting the Arts: Advertising Support
The following guidelines should be noted:
1. In relation to TV and Radio on-air advertising, RTÉ recognises three categories that may benefit from support:
Venues - include theatres, galleries, museums, arts centres, etc.
Festivals - grouping of events, over two or more days, around a particular theme, location or art form.
Once off events - a particular art form event, single, multiple performances in same venue or tour.
2. RTÉ will seek to ensure a balance in the support it gives among these categories and on a regional basis.
3. All events supported must be open to the public. Support for a particular event in any one period does not imply support on an ongoing basis.
4. RTÉ support may fall into one of two categories: free advertising or matching advertising.
5. RTÉ will allocate "Supporting the Arts" airtime on a quarterly basis i.e. three-monthly periods beginning January, April, July, October.
6. All applications received will be reviewed and decided upon during the first week of December, March, June, September for air-time during the following or a subsequent quarter.
7. A four-person committee comprising the Managing Director of RTÉ Television, the Managing Director of RTÉ Radio and the Managing Director of Corporate Development, or their nominees, will decide on the allocations.
8. Any unallocated time, which would not be anticipated but may arise due to cancellation, will be available during the interim period between quarterly meetings and priority will be given to unsuccessful applicants rank ordered and kept in reserve.
9. It should be noted that RTÉ Supporting the Arts is not a fund raising mechanism and it is for artistic events only. Where a charity is the beneficiary of an event any promotion agreed will be for the event, with appropriate details, without reference to the charity involved.
10. Commercial sponsors or other funding organisations of an arts event(s) will not be promoted under RTÉ Supporting the Arts. Where support is agreed the event, with appropriate details, will be promoted without reference to the commercial sponsor.
How to Apply
- Application forms are not required, however, applications should give full details of event and of the support being sought.
- Applications should not exceed two A4 pages.
- Applicants are required to confirm details of other similar applications to any of RTÉ's stations.
- Applications will be acknowledged on receipt and forwarded to the allocation committee for consideration at its next meeting. If further information is required, applicants will be contacted.
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the event and will be considered up to 6 months in advance of the event.
Contact RTÉ Supporting The Arts
Please write RTÉ Supporting The Arts and the event title in the subject area.
Postal address: Céire Duggan, RTÉ Supporting The Arts,
2nd Floor Administration Building,
E-Mail Address (preferred option) email@example.com