Policies & Guidelines
Child Protection Policy & Procedures
As Ireland's national public service broadcaster, RTÉ interacts with children and young people across all media platforms.
RTÉ has revised its Child Protection Policy in line with the principles of Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (Department of Children and Youth Affairs 2011).
The RTÉ policy outlines the following:
- It details the approach to child protection issues and associated guidelines for staff who interact with children and young people;
- It contains codes of behaviour which set the standards expected of staff/volunteers/contributors and other organisations working with RTÉ to adhere to;
- It outlines child welfare requirements surrounding transport and attendance for activities, and supervisory ratios for children and young people;
- It outlines reporting structures and responsibilities when child protection concerns arise; and
- It outlines the RTÉ policy for recruitment and selection surrounding staff who will have access to, or contact with, children and young people.