The Flora Women’s Mini Marathon takes place on the 3rd of June.....and chef Nicha Maguire, from Masterchef last year, has teamed up with Flora and has some quick and easy recipes.
350g self-raising flour
1tbsp baking powder
75g Flora Buttery
5 sundried tomatoes, halved and coarsely chopped
100g feta cheese cut into small cubes
10 pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
300ml butter milk
1 egg beaten, to glaze
Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Heat the oven to 220oC,200oC Fan. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Rub in the Flora Buttery until the mixture resembles fine crumbs, and then add the tomatoes, cheese and olives
3. Make a well in the centre, pour in the butter milk and mix with a knife until it becomes soft sticky dough. Don’t over handle the dough
4. Flour your hands and work surface, tip out the dough on floured surface, shape the dough into a round, about 3-4cm thick. Cut into wedges and place them will apart on the baking tray
5. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire rack and cover with clean tea towel
6. To served, spread with Flora Original and accompany with your favorite soup
This weekend, we've teamed up with Nissan and the Flora Mini Marathon. On Saturday, we're coming from Nissan's Dulick Motors in Ennis for a warm up charity road race.
And on Sunday, we're at Nissan's Windsor Airside Motor Park in Swords in Dublin, where they will be a Cross Fit Fitness Event.
On Saturday and Sunday, there'll be weekends away to win.
There will be a Pamper Hamper of Yon-Ka products to win on Sunday's Pamper Hamper.
Chef Nicha Maguire will have another recipe for everyone training for the Flora Women's Mini Marathon.
Our Top 5 on Sunday is the top 5 banned music videos.
There will also be Text in the Score, sports and showbiz updates, and of course lots of music, including the new one from Pink feat. Lily Allen - True Love
Ruth Scott & Paddy McKenna